Pixel Palace is a unique digital agency delivering purpose-led impact. People and relationships are incredibly important to us and this is reflected in the team and in our great long term relationships that we have with our clients. Some of our long term clients include brands like RSPCA & Women’s Agenda. We’re on the hunt for some new team members for 2020 to join us in delivering purpose-led impact for the brands and people we partner with!
Creative Front End Developer
Pixel Palace is looking for an awesome Creative Front End Developer to join our full service agency and Fortitude Valley -based team. You’re someone who has a passion for the front end experience, loves clean semantic code and wants to build award-winning websites for amazing purpose-led clients.
Pixel Palace is a brand growth agency that delivers purpose-led impact through strategic marketing, creative design and custom WordPress websites; servicing organisations and thought leaders in Australia & New Zealand. Our clients include RSPCA, Women’s Agenda and many other purpose-led brands and organisations.
Since it was founded, Pixel Palace has facilitated authentic connections and creative story-telling for a diverse range of purpose-led brands. We focus on communication, relationships and a holistic approach to strategy, that enables brands to grow and make their mark on the world. This integrative combination of services enables Pixel Palace to achieve its mission of creating purpose-led growth for brands and people.
Our team genuinely invests in the brands we work with, and we are committed to delivering quality results that are appealing, engaging and memorable. Pixel Palace is a conscious, people-first agency. We strive to be an agency of choice for both clients and talent, and we aim to deliver award-winning work that represents real value for our clients.
We’ll expect you to:
- 🦄 Create clean and semantic front end code
- 🦄 Understand & value design principles (eg. spacing, typography and interactions)
- 🦄 Collaborate closely with design and marketing teams to vision of the project
- 🦄 Work to realistic timeframes and budgets
- 🦄 Live and breathe WordPress theme development
- 🦄 Keep up to date with emerging, relevant technologies and trends.
The person we’re looking for will:
- 🦄 Have a great eye for design detail and high standards
- 🦄 Be a team player who likes to collaborate with creatives and take instruction
- 🦄 Be onboard with our mission to create purpose-led impact for brands through award-winning work
- 🦄 Be able to demonstrate a current portfolio of work or industry experiences
- 🦄 Have an advanced understanding of HTML5, CSS3 and JS and related frameworks
- 🦄 Be experienced in custom WordPress theme development (NOT PAGE BUILDERS)
- 🦄 Have good problem-solving skills and the ability to think clearly and logically.
Tech we work with
- 🦄 WordPress
- 🦄 Sass (SCSS)
- 🦄 Git
- 🦄 Command line compiling (Grunt/Gulp)
- 🦄 Figma
- 🦄 Local (By Flywheel)
What you will get
A creative, dynamic and fun work environment – while we take our work seriously, we really enjoy the company of the people we work with and we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We’re currently a small & friendly team of 8 and we all work closely & collaboratively with each other. We offer flexible work conditions with a mix of work from home & office work and our boutique office space is located on Agnes St in Fortitude Valley.
Applications for this role are now open. To apply for this position, you need to:
- 🦄 Provide your CV outlining your skills and experience.
- 🦄 Include a cover letter explaining why you are perfect for this role.
- 🦄 Portfolio examples of work (website or codepen URLs) or GitHub account in your application as we’d love to check it out.
Please send applications to [email protected]