Front End WordPress Developer – Full time (Fortitude Valley)
If you’re passionate about all things web, building websites and WordPress, we want to hear from you!
We are seeking a Front End WordPress Developer to join our Brisbane crew. You’ll work along side our in house designers, developers and strategic marketing team to design online solutions to ensure our clients succeed online. This is not your average agency developer role.
We do good work for good people with good people.
At Pixel Palace we are pretty selective about who we work with. We say no to clients who are a bad fit and conversely we jump in wholeheartedly in to the work we do take on. The goal is only work on projects we can feel invested in. So every day we come to work and do something worthwhile.
We are looking for someone with a passion for creativity alongside clean and functional web development. You will work in our small, dynamic team across various projects where we all wear many hats. It’s imperative that you’re collaborative and highly self motivated. The role will give you a chance to up skill in other areas you might be interested in. As we’re a small team we all tend to do a bit of everything so it’s a great environment to try some new stuff on for size with the support of the team while you learn.
For this role we’d LOVE you to have the following experience / skills:
- Commercial experience in developing modern responsive websites, focusing on clean optimised code.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with WordPress. The work will be developing custom themes (not hacking templates).
- Experience with integrating with WooCommerce.
- Solid experience in responsive design and working with CSS animations
- Ability to slice up designs in Figma and template those designs into a responsive layout.
- An understanding of hosting platforms and DNS settings.
- Able to speak, read, and write fluently in English; The successful applicant will need to be able to communicate well with our clients in meeting as well as via email and phone.
You’d be at an advantage if you have…
- Design skills and basic understanding of UX
- an understanding of technical SEO
- Conversant with analytics tools (Google Analytics, SEMrush) and reporting.
- Familiarity with Git, Bootstrap or Grunt
- A unicorn horn
For the right person, we are offering a competitive salary in a creative collaborative working environment with flexible working hours and unlimited caffeination.
We are located in the centre of Fortitude Valley – TC Beirne Building in Brunswick St.
If you …
- love web development
- think custom WordPress is cool (we don’t use themes!)
- are looking for a role that is challenging but rewarding
- want to learn new skills in areas like design, project management or digital marketing
- would like to work with a rocking team that values you as an important contributor
- like the look of our portfolio
- believe you have all elements we are searching for…
Then please apply, we would love to hear from you! Email us at [email protected]
Strictly no recruiters or overseas applicants please (we cannot sponsor), only shortlisted candidates will be accepted and contacted.