Web Developer (Full Time/Part time)
If you’re passionate about all things web, building websites and WordPress, we want to hear from you!
We are seeking a Web developer to join our Brisbane crew. You’ll work alongside our in-house designers, developers and strategic marketing team to design solutions that ensure our clients succeed online.
You don’t need to be a “unicorn” – what we really want is a motivated go-getter who will fit well into our team. So if you’re someone who knows how to build websites, loves great design and is happy to Google when they don’t know stuff then read on.
We do good work for good people.
At Pixel Palace we are pretty selective about who we work with. We have no problem saying no to clients who are a bad fit and conversely we jump in wholeheartedly to the work we do take on. The goal is to only work on projects we can feel invested in. So every day we come to work and do something worthwhile.
We are looking for someone with a passion for creativity alongside clean and functional web development skills. You’ll be working in our small, dynamic team across various projects where we all wear many hats. You’ll have ownership of projects and be involved in all aspects from inception to launch so we need you to be collaborative and highly self motivated. The role will give you a chance to up skill in other areas you might be interested in. It’s a great environment to try some new stuff on for size with the support of the team while you learn. We turn people INTO unicorns!
For this role we’d LOVE you to have the following experience / skills:
- Commercial experience in developing modern responsive websites, focusing on clean optimised code
- Knowledge and experience with WordPress. We develop a custom theme for each client (so no installing and hacking of pre-made templates)
- Experience with integrating with WooCommerce
- Experience building responsive and interactive websites with CSS animation and microinteractions
- Work with site designs done in Figma. (if you haven’t heard of this you should check it out!)
- An understanding of hosting platforms and DNS settings
- Able to speak, read, and write fluently in English; You’ll need to be able to communicate well with our clients in meeting as well as via email and phone
You’d be at an advantage if you have…
- the ability to help us plan and scope projects
- the ability to collaborate with the design team to creatively improve the user experience
- design skills and basic understanding of UX
- an understanding of technical SEO
- conversant with analytics tools (Google Analytics, SEMrush) and reporting.
- familiarity with modern development tools such as Git, Bootstrap and/or Grunt
- a unicorn horn
For the right person, we are offering a competitive salary with flexible working conditions. For the right person we’d be open to this position being permanent part time as well.
Our studio is located in River City Labs, Level 3 TC Beirne Building Brunswick St Fortitude Valley.
If you …
- love web development
- think custom WordPress is cool (we don’t use pre-built themes!)
- are looking for a role that is challenging but rewarding
- want to learn new skills in areas like design, project management or digital marketing
- would like to work with a rocking team that values you as an important contributor
- like the look of our portfolio
Then please apply, we would love to hear from you! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Strictly no recruiters or overseas applicants please (we cannot sponsor), only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Your application is unlikely to be considered if you:
- call yourself a WordPress developer but you just install pre-made themes and customise/edit
- don’t live in Brisbane or aren’t willing to move here
- need a sponsorship visa or don’t have permanent residency in Australia